Gr25 Millwright Journeyman HLND
As one of the world's largest food and beverage companies, we are proud to spark joy around mealtimes with a global portfolio of more than 200 brands. Some are iconic master brands like Heinz, Kraft and Planters. Others are fast growing new sensations that defy status quo like DEVOUR and Primal Kitchen. No matter the brand, we are united under one vision To Be the Best Food Company, Growing a Better World. Bringing this vision to life are our 36,000+ teammates around the world, making food people love.
Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership and commitment with Rise Against Hunger. And we also stand committed to sustainability, and the health of our planet and its people.
Every day, we are transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you're passionate like us -- and ready to create the future, build on a storied legacy, and participate as a conscientious global citizen -- there's one thing to do join us.
The Kraft Heinz Company is currently seeking a Millwright to work at our sauces, and pickles processing facility in Holland, MI. Successful candidates must be willing to contribute improvements suggestions and ideas to help continue the success of our facility. Ideal candidates must be safety and quality orientated along with demonstrate adaptability and willingness to work in a team orientated, fast paced work environment.
- 15+ years of related experience is preferred
- Candidates must be available to work overtime including weekends and holidays
- High school/GED Diploma
Kraft Heinz is an EO employer - Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled and other protected categories
Benefits & Compensation Overview:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Additional perks: Pet Insurance, (EAP) Employee Assistance Program, Company paid Life Insurance, Company paid Short-term disability
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) or Health Savings Account (HAS) with Company contribution
- Wellness Program
- Starting Pay Rate $28.66 an hour (with Journeyman Card)
- without Journeyman Card $25.87 - $27.72 depending on experience
Monday-Friday, including some weekends 10:00pm - 6:30am
Plant & Community Overview:
- Approximately 300 employees
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift opportunities- assigned based on business needs and seniority
- Union Plant, represented by UFCW Local 705
- Products: Vinegar, BBQ Sauces, Relish, Pickles, Mustard
- The Holland plant is one of the oldest plants in the company and has been operating since 1897. Although, locally known as the "pickle factory", currently pickles only make up 5% of the total production. In 2016 the factory installed grey poupon mills to allow the production of its iconic mustard.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have 15 years as an Industrial Mechanic and be able to perform the essential and job specific duties as highlighted in the job description. Journeyman card HIGHLY preferred. Non-cardholders will be entered into the Maintenance Apprenticeship Program. Other requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and abilities required to satisfactorily perform this job.
Successful candidates will have a good attendance record and the ability to work overtime and flexible hours. Safety is a key element and it's important to observe safety and security rules/regulations and avoid equipment hazards as defined in operating instructions. Employees must regularly lift/move up to 40 pounds and occasionally move up to 60 pounds.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Observe safety and security rules/regulations and avoid equipment hazards as defined in operating instructions.
- Perform continuous safety inspections on all operating equipment in assigned area.
- Report all safety hazards/conditions to immediate supervisor.
- Maintain clean and orderly housekeeping practices in work area.
- Acquire necessary skills and knowledge of all plant machines and equipment to assist Maintenance staff in timely and quality repairs.
- Perform PM's, maintain and repair machines and equipment
- Prepare and set-up or change over machinery for production, checking proper assembly and making any necessary adjustments.
- Set and adjust plant equipment.
- Clear jams in production equipment, retime components, and restart line safely.
- Change sprockets, bearings, shafts, motors, and gear boxes.
- Knowledge of correct gear, bearing, and hydraulic lubricants.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new equipment in a safe and timely manner.
- Proper use of basic Multi-Meter Functions.
- Use of Proper grounding and bonding techniques and testing.
- Assist other members of the Maintenance Team as needed to accomplish repairs and adjustments in a timely, safe, and accurate manner.
- Use the computer to enter work orders and find parts in SAP.
- Set-up of, & Troubleshoot Video-Jet coder.
- Rebuild diaphragm and solvent pumps.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems, and air compressors.
- Find and eliminate alarm trouble codes.
- Perform specific duties as specified per the Emergency Response Plan in the event of an emergency situation or drill
- Participates in incident investigation as required
- Communicate issues between shifts and to supervisors and Maintenance Manager/Site Engineer.
- Learn new equipment and train others.
- Understand the functions of the following: Plant Fire systems, Security system, Steam system, Compressed Air systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot, maintain, and repair the following equipment, Packaging Equipment, Fillers, Carton Formers, Drop Packers, Krones Labeler, Palletizers and Depalletizers, Carton Sealers, Capper equipment.
- Troubleshoot & replace photo cells on all equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor.
Location(s)Holland FactoryEqual Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
It is the continuing policy of The Kraft Heinz Company to afford full equal employment opportunity to qualified employees and applicants, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental handicaps, military or veteran status, sexual preference, or any other protected condition or characteristic in conformity with all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations. Final candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship. Exceptions requesting work visa sponsorship will be reviewed on a case to case basis.