Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 175 fully featured services from data centers globally. Millions of customers-including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies-are using AWS to lower costs, become more agile, and innovate faster.
AWS is seeking a Customer Solutions Manager (CSM) to engage directly with customers and help them identify and realize the strategic and economic benefits of cloud adoption. This role is focused on accelerating the customer cloud journey, delivering frictionless migrations, and ensuring our customers capture the full potential and sustainable business advantages of migrating to the AWS cloud.
The CSM is assigned to a customer and gains deep understanding of customer strategic priorities, key business objectives, and target cloud migration benefits. Works with customers and AWS stakeholders to define strategic roadmaps and captures the customer journey in a structured, formal program. Utilizes their technical acumen, program management, organizational change management, and communication skills to engage customer leaders and define business and technology success criteria, allocate appropriate resources to execute complex technical and organizational change management plans, and communicate at all levels to deliver results. The Customer Solutions Manager owns and drives execution excellence for the end-to-end customer engagement and coordinates multidisciplinary teams - aligning sales, solution architecture, support, product, professional services, and partners - to deliver a frictionless customer experience. The account CSM assesses risks, anticipates bottlenecks, provides critical issue management, balances trade-offs, and encourages risk-taking to maximize business value. The CSM regularly reports on program status and future partnership opportunities in internal and customer facing meetings, resolves or escalates issues proactively, and drives collaborative but clear task ownership
At AWS we value critical thinking, self-motivation, and the ability to deal with ambiguity. You should bring a cool head, extensive technical background, be detail oriented, have excellent problem solving abilities, and be an exemplary verbal and written communicator. Your technical expertise and change management excellence will influence your customer's decisions and help us drive positive customer impact. We are passionate about people who innovate on behalf of our customers, think big, use data to make decisions, and can express themselves thoughtfully. We want you to be creative and passionate about delivering a great customer experience.
The successful candidate will:
* Understand customer's strategic goals and define how cloud migrations enable them
* Develop trust based, long term strategic relationships with customer leaders
* Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through all levels of an organization
* Maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of existing and developing cloud technologies
* Be an expert across all stages of cloud maturity in order to support customer across all cloud adoption stages
* Be able to maintain a Program Plan capturing a 360 view of customer initiatives and status
* Coordinate multiple internal and external parties through influence, personal credibility, and thought leadership
* Possess direct hands on experience in change and organizational management related to cloud migrations
* Assist customers in identifying use cases for priority adoption of AWS as well as best practice implementations
* Manage time efficiently, meet personal goals, and work effectively with other members of the sales and marketing team
* Travel moderately as necessary
* 5+ years of experience leading complex, large-scale, IT or technical or engineering programs and projects
* 3+ years of experience in a client-facing role, leading and engaging with customers, technologists and/or partners
* Experience in a lead role supporting large technology driven transformation projects
* Demonstrated ability to work with both technical and non-technical individuals
* Ability to work across functional teams to deliver large, complex IT solutions
* Bachelor's Degree in science, technology, engineering, math, business, or equivalent experience
* Ability to travel 25% to 35% as needed
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.