Reporting to the Operations Director, this position is accountable for providing leadership and establishing direction, setting priorities, managing and coordinating the flow of materials, part sand assemblies both internal and from the supply base in accordance with production and shipping schedules. This also includes supporting the execution of Global Sourcing Strategic Plan, Build-to-Order implementation and business and enterprise goals. This position is viewed as crucial to achieving company ROIA and QDRC goals.
- Accountable for defining and implementing all inventory strategies for internal operations and external supplier inventories at the CoE level to achieve best-in-class inventory position of
- Reports to the Director of Operations and has direct responsibility for the functions of supply management, Supplier Quality, Buyer/Planner and Master Scheduling )i.e. all Planning and tactical Purchasing functions)
- Considered as a potential successor position to the Director of Operations
- Responsible for working with Global Planning Systems to identify, leverage and implement strategies/tactics to exceed customer expectations
- Accountable for managing Supplier contracts and holding Commodity Managers accountable for selecting a quality supply base
- Key interface to Commodity Managers, which includes participation in strategy creation and supplier selection
- Manages large portion of inventory and considered high impact to achieving ROIA goal
- Responsible for accuracy of cycle counts
- Accountable to lead actions to drive 98%+ supplier delivery
- Accountable for audits and submits reports to senior management regarding materials control activities aligned to Sarbanes-Oxley
- Participates in Supplier negotiations within CoE to ensure we meet productivity targets
- Assignment of work, capacity management and performance management
- Development and execution of budget for the department
- Drive compliance to documented processes and procedures.
- Accountable for all procedures and work instruction for managing materials within CoE
- Drive continuous improvement to documented processes and procedures
- Provides direction and oversight for development of members
- Responsible for participation in the development of strategic planning and implementation for Materials Supply Chain Management
- Promotes alignment by understanding and communicating customer needs and requirements throughout the organization
- Accountable for planning activities needed to ensure on-time delivery of parts (i.e. accountable for Supplier On-time Delivery) to meet customer expectations and to optimize inventory to meet company goals
- Responsible for executing build to order in the supply base through the use of Kanbans, supplier owned inventory or various other inventory methods
- Responsible for timely execution of SPAPs
- Identify/Collaborate on supply base cost reduction activities
- Supplier quality improvement
- Valid schedules for production as well as supply base
- Addressing poor performing suppliers in any aspect of QDRC
- Provide and drive escalation paths for supplier performance issues
- Responsible to facilitate effective transition of product to production
In smaller locations, may also be responsible for the following:
- Direct management of Shipping/Receiving personnel
- Provide leadership, guidance and expertise in import/export, and other regulated transportation matters
- Ensure accurate inventory cycle counts are maintained
- Audit and ensure accuratedate schedules are maintained at all times
- Manage traffic and logistics activities to ensure transportation is conducted in cost effective and timely fashion
- Responsible for ensuring adequate Environmental, Health, and Safety systems are established and maintained for the department
Materials and Equipment Used:
- Standard office equipment such as telephones, calculators, personal computers or workstations, fax machines, etc.
- Office automation tools such as the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
Working Environment / Physical Activities:
- Work is generally performed in an office environment; however, the job may take the member into various areas of the plant where there is possible exposure to noise, chemical solutions, dust and temperatures above 80 degrees F.
- Travel required.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Conflict management
- Demonstrated ability in driving continuous improvement activities
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong decision making skills
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing, Build-To-Order and Six Sigma Methodologies
- Computer literacy in MS office tools
- Ability to lead through others
- Materials Planning & Procurement Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to drive and execute Lean and Six Sigma projects
Education or Formal Training:
- BA or BS required in related field
- APICS Certification desired
- Industrial manufacturing-based experience
- 5+ years in Planning or Sourcing
- 3-5 years leadership experience
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in ArmsÂ Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S.Â persons within the meaning of ITAR and EAR, or possess all required authorizations from the U.S.Â Department of State Department and the U.S. Department of Commerce. ITAR defines a U.S.Â person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, orÂ Refugee.
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The company's innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer