The O&M Tech I will operate and perform routine preventive maintenance for an industrial wastewater pre-treatment facility. Duties include plant operations, including metals removal through the use of metals hydroxide precipitation, solids dewatering via recessed plate filter press, routine preventive maintenance on process equipment and performance of analytical determinations to control treatment process and ensure discharge compliance.
Nature & Scope-Principal Areas of Responsibilities:
· Understand processes and the inter-relationships of processes in the successful functioning of treatment system
· Understand and respect the potential impact of using and applying concentrated acids and bases how they react and possible implications of improper handling
· Fill, dewater and empty plate filter press
· Perform routine pump preventive maintenance including dismantling, cleaning, repair and assembly
· Must learn and comply with all safety procedures and accept a safety culture in the performance of all project specific tasks and duties
· A variety of basic operational and maintenance tasks relevant to maintaining safe and reliable operations of wastewater treatment facilities ensuring operational compliance with local, state and federal regulations as well as all contract requirements
· Routine cleaning and general housekeeping duties in work and plant areas as assigned, including but not limited to sweeping, dusting, mopping, painting, cleaning of weirs, presses and other process equipment and areas.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required
· 40 Hour HAZWOPER Preferred
· Background in Chemistry Preferred
· 1-3 years’ of experience
· Ability to understand and carry out written and/or verbal work orders and assignments
· Ability to monitor and log all pertinent O&M activities and other associated events in a clear and concise manner in project daily log
· Ability to perform simple math calculations with the use of a calculator
· Ability to properly collect water quality samples, test and maintain collection records
· Knowledge of general chemistry including pH adjustment and neutralization, chemical coagulation and flocculation and clarification
· Knowledge in the use and maintenance of routine analytical instruments and familiarity in standard laboratory techniques and safety
· Familiarity and adherence to all environmental and safety compliance regulations.
· Familiarity with Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
· Good general mechanical aptitude
· Must comply with all standard operating procedure and all client and company protocols as they relate to safety and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) in the performance of their duties and activities.
· Must reside within 30-minutes of the treatment facility. Shift work and may be required to work weekends, cover vacations and some holiday coverage may be required.
*Must be available to work 10/12 hour shifts between the hours of 3:45pm - 8am.