Supervises, coordinates and manages daily maintenance activities including developing preventative and predictive maintenance schedules to sustain 85-90% machine reliability. Also responsible for maintaining building and grounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for machine and facility maintenance – preventive and predictive.
- Insure 85-90% equipment/machine uptime through response time and quality of P.M. inspections.
- Work with department managers to increase production efficiencies by 25% annually.
- Maintain a 0 safety recordable goal for the maintenance department.
- Requisition tools, equipment, and maintenance supplies.
- Engage in formal problem solving techniques (I.e. fishbone, 5 Why, PDCA) to locate, identify and eliminate waste.
- Maintain adequate supply of spare parts in order to keep equipment down time to a minimum.
- Responsible for following work instructions for Kanban pull systems.
- Maintains work area in a clean and safe condition, following 5S standards.
- Conduct assigned, weekly 5S audits and maintain a minimum 90% score.
- Routinely perform maintenance work – troubleshooting, repair, preventive & predictive maintenance, etc.- in addition to assigning and directing work.
- Understand and have a working knowledge of all jobs related to Quality System Policies, Procedures, and Instructions.
IMPACT ON CUSTOMER QUALITY Failure to perform these activities will likely result in dissatisfaction to the internal/external customer.
- Follow established instructions and quality standards.
- Ensure complete Preventative Maintenance program is being followed.
- Responsible for the safety of self, teammates and product from damage and/or injury.
- Manages action item lists to prioritize and perform maintenance activities.
- Provides weekly summary of maintenance department expenses to budget to Plant Manager, Engineering Manager and Director of Operations.
- Audits repairs and improvements made by employees to ensure completion.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 5-year minimum leadership experience in a high-paced manufacturing environment.
- 5-year minimum experience managing a manufacturing maintenance department.
- 5-year minimum mechanical experience involving repair and troubleshooting on large stamping presses, assembly equipment, welding equipment and other steel processing equipment
- Lean certified or 3-5 years experience in a lean environment.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent work experience.