Gr24 Autonomous Maintenance Tech Exp Level HLND
As one of the world's largest food and beverage companies, we are proud to spark joy around mealtimes with a global portfolio of more than 200 brands. Some are iconic master brands like Heinz, Kraft and Planters. Others are fast growing new sensations that defy status quo like DEVOUR and Primal Kitchen. No matter the brand, we are united under one vision To Be the Best Food Company, Growing a Better World. Bringing this vision to life are our 36,000+ teammates around the world, making food people love.
Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership and commitment with Rise Against Hunger. And we also stand committed to sustainability, and the health of our planet and its people.
Every day, we are transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you're passionate like us -- and ready to create the future, build on a storied legacy, and participate as a conscientious global citizen -- there's one thing to do join us.
The Kraft Heinz Company is currently seeking an Autonomous Maintenance Technician (Machine Repair) to work at our sauces, and pickles processing facility in Holland, MI. Successful candidates must be willing to contribute improvements suggestions and ideas to help continue the success of our facility. Ideal candidates must be safety and quality orientated along with demonstrate adaptability and willingness to work in a team orientated, fast paced work environment.
- 15+ years of related experience is preferred
- Candidates must be available to work overtime including weekends and holidays
Kraft Heinz is an EO employer - Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled and other protected categories
Benefits & Compensation Overview:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Additional perks: Pet Insurance, (EAP) Employee Assistance Program, Company paid Life Insurance, Company paid Short-term disability
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) or Health Savings Account (HAS) with Company contribution
- Wellness Program
- Starting Pay Rate $27.72 an hour (with 15-year experience)
Monday-Friday, including some weekends 10:00pm - 6:30am
Plant & Community Overview:
- Approximately 300 employees
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift opportunities- assigned based on business needs and seniority
- Union Plant, represented by UFCW Local 705
- Products: Vinegar, BBQ Sauces, Relish, Pickles, Mustard
- The Holland plant is one of the oldest plants in the company and has been operating since 1897. Although, locally known as the "pickle factory", currently pickles only make up 5% of the total production. In 2016 the factory installed grey poupon mills to allow the production of its iconic mustard.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Provide line coverage in assigned area utilizing production and maintenance playbook processes and tools. Under the direction of production and maintenance supervision this position will be required to safely operate assigned equipment and maintain all line equipment to produce product right the first time. This person will mentor, and coach line operators as needed on various maintenance and operational aspects to master their technical understanding of equipment and process controls.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work station and area
- Perform setup, start-up, Adjust and Operation of Equipment; Proper Shutdown and Changeover as required by company standards
- Perform start of shift walk through and equipment checks and complete relevant line start-up check sheet
- Coordinate with operators to keep line running through breaks including operating equipment as needed
- Troubleshoot mechanical and basic electrical concerns of the equipment, maintain and improve integrity and performance of all focus line/s equipment, and complete scheduled work orders
- Communicate and coordinate with Maintenance and Production Leadership any maintenance activities required on assigned equipment to ensure optimum line efficiency and product quality
Utilizing Maintenance Windows; perform preventive maintenance inspections and corrective work orders on all focus line equipment as assigned by the Maintenance Department to prevent mechanical and/or electrical breakdowns.
Location(s)Holland FactoryEqual Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
It is the continuing policy of The Kraft Heinz Company to afford full equal employment opportunity to qualified employees and applicants, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental handicaps, military or veteran status, sexual preference, or any other protected condition or characteristic in conformity with all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations. Final candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship. Exceptions requesting work visa sponsorship will be reviewed on a case to case basis.