Prepares a systematic approach to the cleaning, repair, and maintenance of the building, grounds, equipment, and related facilities. Performs minor carpentry, painting, and plumbing maintenance work. Oversees the maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
- Clean and repair building fixtures including lights, locks, windows, doors, screens, walls, floors, gutters and drains.
- Operate and perform routine maintenance and repairs on HVAC equipment and related systems.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that building systems operate efficiently and that the physical condition of buildings do not deteriorate.
- Perform maintenance tasks associated with building systems; such as carpentry, painting, plumbing and electrical repairs to ensure that the building is properly maintained.
- Performs janitorial duties, when necessary:
- Clean, sanitize, and stock restrooms/locker rooms using established practices and procedures.
- Clean, dust, and wipe furniture, sweep, mop, or vacuum floors.
- Empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers.
- Use ladders when required in work assignments.
- Remove outside debris and maintain grounds as assigned.
- Maintain the landscape around the buildings and fence lines.
- Clean all windows indoors.
- Clean and sanitize lunchrooms floors, furniture and counters.
- Other duties assigned by the Management.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Proven experience as janitor or in a similar role.
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances.
- Familiarity with handyman and basic landscaping practices.
- Attention to detail and conscientiousness.
- Respectful and able to take direction.
- Able to work with little supervision
- Has high standards of performance for self.
- Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes.
- Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work.
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress.
- Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts.
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance and work relationships.
- Moves within own and/or other work areas (flexes) to support plant flow.
- Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of customers.
- Has necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to perform all aspects of job; rotates through all job responsibilities.
- Maintains knowledge and skills to perform job effectively.
- Has ability to focus on benefits of change and see it as positive; approaches change or newness in constructive/objective manner; views change as learning opportunity.
- Looks for good in others; works collaboratively with others; shares information and knowledge.
- Is at work when scheduled and ensures coverage when absent; takes timely breaks/lunches; uses time wisely.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to routinely lift 50+ pounds unassisted.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform job functions that require regular walking, bending, lifting, stretching, twisting.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.