ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements safe and efficient operating procedures while meeting established schedules.
- Efficiently load and/or unload freight using proper freight handling equipment.
- Take responsibility of and secure the equipment and/or cargo.
- Receive and verify dispatch instructions properly.
- Complete daily log when required and all other necessary paperwork.
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspection of equipment.
- Maintain and update driving and safety skills.
- Perform duties in a manner that promotes superior customer service.
- Communicate with supervision to receive instructions, report delays or safety hazards, and report accidents involving the driver or Company equipment.
- Maintain a clean operating truck both inside and out.
- Perform other shipping related duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Must be age 21 or older.
- Must possess at minimum a valid Chauffer’s or CDL
- Must have a current Motor Vehicle Report that represents a history of safe and competent driving.
- Must be able to work the maximum hours allowed under D.O.T. Hours of Service Regulations on various shifts/days of the week, while maintaining outstanding safety.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a satisfactory DOT Physical.