Under the supervision of the Library Director, the Custodian follows and completes the library’s daily, weekly, monthly, bi-annually and as needed cleaning schedule. Responsibilities include but are not limited to sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, sanitizing, dusting, cleaning furniture, washing windows, cleaning and supplying restrooms, removing trash and other duties as assigned. A positive work ethic and attention to detail are required for this position. The Library is a proud feature of the community’s landscape and must always appear inviting and attractive to our residents.
- Ability to learn and use the library’s custodial equipment and materials.
- Ability and willingness to understand and efficiently carry out oral and written instructions and to follow through on numerous details in an orderly and systematic fashion.
- Ability to work independently and to complete daily activities according to the cleaning schedule.
- Ability to keep an organized stocked work area.
- Ability to communicate on a regular basis with staff and the director.