Founded in 1972, Skytron is a family-owned private healthcare efficiency company committed to providing the acute care market with innovative and flexible solutions. Skytron prides themselves on the family-feel atmosphere you experience the moment you walk in the door. We know the overall success stems from investing in our employees and their efforts so we strive to provide opportunities for employees to learn, grow, and thrive!
Skytron provides a competitive and comprehensive benefits program that helps employees and their families lead healthy, productive, and balanced lives. Our benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with a company match, a profit sharing retirement plan, 10 paid holidays, vacation and personal time off, education reimbursement, a wellness program, and a company gym.
Summary: The Shipping Team Member works to perform all tasks related to picking, packing, and shipping outbound product according to schedule and customer demand. Parts are shipped out via UPS/Fed-Ex, Ground, LTL, and OTR carriers. With minimal supervision, this individual is responsible for inspecting and reporting any damage or inconsistencies in product or process that they come across and work with appropriate person to resolve.
- According to schedule, customer demand and assignment for the day, process work orders by: picking product according to pick list (both physically and through the ERP System), package product according to appropriate packaging methods, stage product for shipping and upon arrival of truck, load shipments accurately using the appropriate material handling equipment.
- Accurately and efficiently, sort and segregate items by product number and verify product item number(s) and quantities based on the picklist. Properly label product, including serial, or lot-tag, identification labels when required.
- Perform daily/weekly cycle counting of inventory as determined by Plant Manager.
- Research all issues or errors, and complete all steps required to correct them. Reach out to and effectively communicate with the Boom Area, Purchasing Team, Customer Service, and/or Supervisor for assistance with any issues or errors and to successfully support order changes, additions etc. as necessary.
- Accurately and efficiently, process all orders through the ERP System.
- Perform picking tasks in an accurate, safe and timely manner.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment according to task sheet assignments.
- Actively participate in CI projects and events, sharing ideas for improvement freely.
- Cross train in all areas of the Shipping and Receiving department, demonstrating a willingness to help and train in areas outside the Shipping and Receiving department when instructed.
- Job Specific Knowledge: Capably handles required administrative functions such as document processing, report compilation, project management. Understands and competently operates mechanical devises, machinery and equipment. Has a working knowledge of mechanical procedures, functions, and uses. Follows product and work instructions, and prints. Knowledgeable with products, parts and processes.
- Quality of Work: Verifies work to ensure accurate results, requires minimal rework. Follows work instructions, procedures, and company policies. Meets productivity standards, deadlines and project schedules. Handles high volume of workload.
- Interpersonal Communication & Teamwork: Listens to others, expressing ideas, both orally and in writing, and providing relevant information to management, co-workers, and customers. Makes a conscious effort to give explicit instructions or answers, seeks understanding, encourages feedback and listens carefully to others. Maintains good relationships, gets along with fellow employees, respects the rights of other employees and shows a cooperative spirit. Works well within the team, and recognizes and values others.
- Adaptability/Autonomy/Dependability: Internally motivated. Works well with little or no supervision. Maintains a productive schedule, timeline and goals. Maintains a positive attitude amidst change and pressure. Can be counted on when scheduling and when making staffing plans, especially during critical business times. Consistently punctual and dependable in attendance. Leads by example and sets standards for professional behavior. Voluntarily assists others.
- Problem Solving: Devises workable solutions or consults with secondary resources to devise solutions. Addresses the cause of the problems, modifies systems, processes or work instructions to rectify. Seeks relevant information and answers to key questions from several sources.
- HS Diploma or equivalent, with ambition to further education relevant to job demands.
- MHE experience. RF scanner experience highly preferred, but not required.