ITW Dahti Seating is a division of Illinois Tool Works; a global company with over 50,000 employees in 57 countries. Dahti is a leading innovator in the design, development and manufacturing of state-of-the-art seating and other products with a high demand for comfort. Based in Rockford, Michigan, we serve a variety of prominent clients throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. We are looking for motivated individuals who are interested in becoming a part of the Dahti Team.
Responsibilities/Qualifications for a Level 1 Machine Operator Include:
- Running an injection molding machine per established safety and operational procedures.
- Following instructions from supervisors/trainers.
- Quality focus in inspecting and trimming parts to company specifications.
- Meeting production efficiencies.
- Ability to work in a steady, medium to fast pace environment .
- Ability to meet physical requirements- lift 2-25 pounds repetitively .
- Ability to work very repetitive task .
- Ability to stand for 8 to 10 hours a day; must be able to work overtime when needed
- Ability to follow and comprehend, interpret documents such as work instructions, safety procedures and operation procedures.
- Ability to move to various departments due to production demands; multi-task
- Ability to solve practical problems, good decision making, planning, etc.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be a hard worker/dependable/self-motivated; daily attendance is critical
- Have good communication skills; ability to read and write in English
- Must be able to use basic hand tools, calipers etc.
- Must have great dexterity; great hand eye coordination
- Basic Math (addition and division); Use of basic measuring tools