In this role you will ensure efficient operation of the paint robots through setup, changeovers and troubleshooting. Meet production schedule, make recommendations for improvements, and complete required paperwork.
- Maintain and troubleshoot robots and compressors and other related paint equipment.
- Monitor and record systems, chemical and calibration pressures.
- Report deviations to manager and supervisor.
- Programs robots and patterns, formulations, and cycle times.
- Follow HSEE work instructions, guidelines and procedures to ensure compliance with ASG HSEE, ISO standards and BOS requirements.
- Perform preventative and general maintenance on equipment.
- Perform required paperwork per established requirements.
- Repair and modify production/plant equipment.
- Some hand painting may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 60 pounds.
- Ability to use a pallet jack using a force of 35 lbs.
- Ability to work safely around paint equipment.
- Ability to work in extreme conditions of heat.
- Experience with paint robot systems – ex. Fanuc, ABB.
- Current knowledge and experience with Allen-Bradley PLC's and robotic controls.
- Requires working understanding of electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems, and well as, all auxiliary equipment.
- Minimum of 5 years painting experience preferably in an automotive/plastic environment with injection molding, paint and assembly.
- High school Diploma or GED
- Ability to read and interpret work instructions.
- Ability to work overtime with little or no notice
- Ability to work well with others, team oriented, and ability to work without supervision.
- Math skills - ability to add subtract, decimals, multiply.
- Reading skills - blue prints and other documents.
- Oral and written skills.
- Computer knowledge - running reports, programming robots.
- Ability to apply common sense, understanding programs.