The individual in this role will transport direct materials, tooling, supplies and finished goods to designated areas in the facility using hand trucks, Hi-lo, cranes or other material handling equipment. Load and unload trucks for the receipt and delivery of materials.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Operate HiLo's to the standards required by safety policies and procedures, including driving HiLo's at a safe speed, watching out for pedestrians, performing and completing routine maintenance Hi-lo check list on a daily basis, and reporting any damage to company property to supervisor immediately.
- Prepare requisitions and submit to maintenance/purchasing for HiLo's requiring attention.
- Manually, or by using hand truck, HiLo's or cranes, perform various material handling duties in the facility.
- Manually load raw material or finished product on skid or by hand truck.
- Load and unload trucks using Hi-lo's or cranes.
- Be sure that all collapsible dunnage is collapsed before stacking in designated area. Stack skids or pallets in designated areas. Clean up and dispose of scrap bracing, cardboard, strapping, chips and other disposable materials, and place in proper containers or designated areas. Remove all old tags off empty containers.
- Using required tools such as hammers, wire cutters, strapping tools and crowbars to prepare material for shipment or use within the facility.
- Replenish Raw, W.I.P., finished goods and MRO items, as assigned, to the point of use. Verify that all material is properly labeled before moving to next location.
- Rotation of stock to ensure FIFO; taking physical inventory of material as requested.
- Assist with cycle counting and pull system programs as directed by supervisor.
- Hand count or weight count on any partial bins being pulled off the line due to changeover, and store by yellow railing on receiving dock for proper retagging of the material.
- Perform general housekeeping duties; i.e., empty chip hoppers daily.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Michigan Driver's license.
- Valid hi-lo license.
- Experience with operating overhead cranes if assigned to hi-bay area.
- Knowledge in cycle counting, warehouse operations, pull systems and FIFO inventory management.
- Willingness to work rotating continuous seven-day work cycle.
- Must have excellent attendance.