SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, we deliver "what our guests want, when they want it â€“ fast and friendly." We take pride in service excellence and enjoy providing a great customer experience. There are many retail employers, but not all offer a place where you can learn, grow and thrive. Thatâ€™s why SpartanNash is a cut above the rest.
This position is located in Grand Rapids.
A day in the life of a Person In Charge is never the same but, in this role, you would expect to directs and coordinates activities of store operations in the absence of Store Director, Assistant Store Director or other management to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations to ensure that the work shifts of all department associates contribute the financial best interest of the store. Complete all other duties as assigned in a timely manner.
What Youâ€™ll Do:
- Monitor associates adherence to company policies
- Able to run cashier register and courtesy counter desk and handle customer concerns in efficient manner
- Understand and be familiar with store layout, location of safety and emergency equipment
- Conduct regular inspections of all areas, providing, feedback to department managers
- May close store; lock all doors, including receiving, turn off lights, etc
Sound Like You? Hereâ€™s what youâ€™ll need:
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and interpret documents
- Basic mathematical skills
- Suggestive selling/knowledgeable of products
- Detail oriented
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. !
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.