Want to be a part of something bigger?
Interested in an employer that is interested in you?
Some of the great benefits of working at Goodwill include: up to 8 paid holidays per year, paid vacation time, education reimbursement and paid study time. Our employees are also eligible to purchase Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and Accidental Insurance, can contribute to a 401(k) with employer match, and receive a 20% discount in our stores.
Goodwill is currently looking for a Career Coach to join our Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) Training Program.
Goodwill Training Program is one of the best and longest standing programs in the Greater Grand Rapids area. Students enrolled in Goodwill’s enhanced training program participate in 115 hours of training which includes classroom instruction, hands-on practice in a skills lab and clinical experience working with residents at a long-term care facility. In addition to gaining the knowledge and skills needed to become certified, our program also includes employability and life skills workshops, Health Care Level (BLS) CPR training, a dementia credential through the Alzheimer's Association, one-on-one tutoring, on-site employer interviews, job placement and retention services, and much more.
We offer a full and part-time training schedules including daytime, afternoons, evenings, weekends. Over the last year we have heightened our training program to provide additional support to students, increase our program access, and remove barriers for individuals interested in starting their career in healthcare. Our goal for 2020 is to train a minimum of 260 individuals.
Our Career Coaches are an important member of our team and vital to the success of the individuals our programs serves and trains. This position works one-on-one with each student to identify and remove barriers to training and employment and set their long-term healthcare goals as well as their short-term employment goals. This position maintains contact with graduates and provides retention support to each student for a full year of employment.
The Career Coach also teaches employability and life skills workshops to all of our students in an effort to ensure that they are not only prepared to be great CNAs but great coworkers, and that they are confident with the steps needed to get a job. Examples of workshops topics include but are not limited to resumes, cover letters, applications, interview skills, STAR stories, thank you letters, references, conflict resolution, communication, teamwork, critical thinking, professionalism, etc.
This position will be required to work an occasion evening or weekend, but primarily works regular business hours. Currently due to the Corona Virus this position is working remotely, but will be full time in the office in the future when allowable.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Provide respectful, innovative, Person Centered Planning services in a manner that maximizes the attainment of goals, in an effort towards the lifestyle of self-governance and self-sufficiency.
• Track and enter all data (participant, employer and/or internal/external stakeholders) into database systems as assigned.
• Process file documentation to appropriate organizations and/or Goodwill of Greater Grand Rapids staff.
• Provide Employment Counseling, Advocacy and Support.
• Promote collaborative efforts within program specific team, departmental, and organization-wide services.
• Assist participants/employees in creating career goals and accessing the tools, training, or services he/she needs to meet these. Identify additional barriers to employment and assess appropriateness of training/placement services.
• Maintain regular contact with participant/employee, funding sources and employer to reinforce and monitor progress of the plan, to assure quality/coordinated services and update/modify goals as necessary.
• Act as a Liaison between employer, participant/employee and Goodwill Industries of Greater Grand Rapids staff in such a way that Goodwill’s mission and business needs are both met.
• Provide job placement and retention services by connecting participant/employee with employers and job opportunities.
• Provide job retention by facilitating the building of natural supports, job coaching, monitoring progress, problem-solving, job-site visits, and mentoring as needed.
• Promote collaborative efforts within program specific team, departmental and organization-wide placement services.
• Develop reports as assigned.
• All other duties as assigned by designated leadership.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
• Proficiency in record keeping and data management.
• Ability to systematically make and maintain employer contacts: introducing Goodwill services, troubleshooting and recognizing emerging opportunities within the work environment.
• Ability to engage with diverse participants/employees individually and in group settings.
• Fundamental computer proficiency.
• Ability to prioritize and manage time and responsibilities effectively.
• Ability to work with community partners to provide holistic case management services.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to self-start, motivate and follow through in order to progress towards quality services to internal and external customers.
• Versatile and flexible - including working a flexible schedule as needed.
• Provide own transportation to various sites in the community to fulfill the obligations of this position.
QUALIFICATIONS/BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Education or related field required with a minimum of two years related experience. One-year experience in a human service setting providing direct and/or supportive services to individuals with disabilities and/or barriers to employment preferred. Some positions may require specialized experience, education, licensure, etc. Must be able to provide own transportation to various sites in the community to fulfill the obligations of this position.