Five days of paid vacation in your first year + 8 paid holidays! Up to $600/year for perfect attendance!
Engine Power Components manufactures the heart of the internal combustion engine—camshafts—for a worldwide customer base. We are seeking both entry level and experienced CNC machinists / programmers. Depending on your experience, you will responsible for operating, programming, and setting up our CNC lathes, mills, and machining centers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates CNC machines.
- Programs CNC machines by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; and proving part programs.
- Sets up CNC machines.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; and adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of CNC programming.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading and GD&T standards.
- Successful completion of post-offer drug and alcohol test and criminal background check.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Hourly shift premium for off shifts.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance.
- Health Savings Accounts.
- Wellness program with Health Savings Account match.
- Company-paid life insurance.
- Company-paid short-term disability coverage.
- 8 paid holidays.
- Competitive paid time off.
- 401(k) plan.
- Tuition reimbursement.
* * *
Engine Power Components, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.