Cargill Protein-Eggs is a leading marketer of high value, further-processed egg products. With four processing facilities in Minnesota, Iowa and Michigan, Cargill Protein customers include premier quick-service restaurant chains as well as food manufacturers. We are dedicated to providing our customers with innovative and distinctive solutions, including refrigerated and frozen liquid eggs, egg patties, omelets, French Toast, and diced and hard cook eggs.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package available the first of the month following your start date.
Department Shift Hours are 3:00 am- 11:00 am Monday-Friday with the possibility of overtime & weekends.
80% Accountable for the production of food safe product in a fast-paced manufacturing environment by becoming proficient in cleaning procedures, tear down and set up of production equipment. Including, but not limited to: Ovens, freezers, packaging equipment, transfer belts and conveyors, ESL/Liquid Production equipment, general housekeeping of plant floors and drains, chemical cage, shelves, floors, walls, labeling containers, clean in place (CIP) systems and proper completion of paperwork.
10% Maintain adherence to all Corporate Environmental Health and Safety Policies and Procedures through proper chemical handling, ergonomic practices, Lock-out, Tag-Out Procedures, Confined Space Entry (as necessary) and monthly participation in the behavior-based safety program and completion of the monthly safety and food safety training material
10% This position shall have the responsibility to report problems with the food safety management system to identified person(s). This position has the responsibility and authority to initiate and record actions. Acquire and maintain knowledge of HACCP/OPRP/PRP (GMP) policies and requirements to complete all monitoring and/or verifications tasks as outlined in the Food Safety Management
All job duties may be revised by the supervisor when necessary to accommodate business needs. The descriptions are general guidelines of expectations but may not include all responsibilities of the position.
- Ability to perform basic math such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Must be willing to work in hot, cold and wet environment with cleaning chemicals
- Ability to walk, kneel/squat, and stand on hard surfaces for extended periods of time
- Ability to rotate through a variety of tasks
- Ability to work in a repetitive and fast pace environment
- Availability to regularly work weekends and outside of normal shift including off shift hours as needed
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Ability to meet the required work schedule
- Ability to lift and carry at least 60 lbs. repetitively for frequent, extended periods
- Previous food manufacturing experience
- Previous Sanitation experience
- Track record of safe work history in the past 12 months
- Willingness to complete training using lab equipment, confined space entry, chemical handling, lifting procedures and procedures for cleaning process lines and mixing rooms
- High School Diploma