Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are currently looking for an Account Executive for our team that would ideally be located in Chicago, IL or Allegan, MI
This Account Executive is responsible for partnering with Walgreens HQs to grow their Store Brand/Private Label consumer health care business. With a product portfolio that is unsurpassed, the opportunity to provide consumers with an affordable, high quality alternative to the national brands while increasing revenue for our retail customers, makes for an rewarding selling experience.
Sales & Margin - Leads development of objectives and implements strategies to achieve sales plan in the categories for which they are responsible on our Walgreens team. Collaborates with Account and Region teammates, Marketing and Marketing Information to develop and present category reviews, new products, share growth initiatives and consumer insights in an actionable manner. Utilizes category and product information to help the team Trade Marketing Manager develop and sell-in robust rolling 6-12-month promotional calendars.
Price Management - Responsible for executing all Price Management activities at Walgreens HQs. Negotiates item pricing to achieve established price and margin objectives. Collaborates with Pricing Department and Marketing to understand and incorporate market and competitive intelligence into all price negotiations
Strategic Account Relationship - Successfully enhances business relationships with focus on Walgreens Sourcing, Owned Brand Commercialization, and Merchandising team in the categories for which they are responsible. Leverage relationships to maximize Perrigo’s value as Walgreens supply partner and our overall business results.
Internal Project Management – Is Walgreens primary advocate inside Perrigo. Directs initiatives with internal departments to ensure new products, promotions and other account initiatives are developed and shipped on time. Works with Perrigo Customer Service and Walgreens Demand Management teams to develop and execute service strategies to maximize DC and store in-stocks and is responsible for forecasting.
Administrative - Responsible for ensuring compliance to Perrigo & Walgreens administrative requirements. Collaborates with internal colleagues to ensure Perrigo resources and systems are understood and aligned to the needs of the Walgreens.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
- Must have at least 7 years of professional experience, in which at least 3 are in Sales; equivalent combination of education &/or experience may be considered.
- Previous Consumer Packaged Goods experience in direct selling to retailers required. Walgreens-specific experience is a definite plus.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and solid understanding of the selling process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential, including oral and written communication.
- Ability to interpret quantitative and qualitative information and use such information to develop actionable recommendations.
- Must work well under tight timelines and be able to manage hundreds of skus across multiple categories.
- Ability to prioritize work in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent judgment, follow-up, attention to detail and personal accountability.
- Working knowledge of basic computer software and ability to communicate by email, telephone and in person.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.