Material Handlers handle the transfer of material in and out of our production floor. They assist Hi-Lo drivers in locating and picking slabs of stone for production. They also assist in the putting away of remnants back into inventory. The job involves general housekeeping, recording of inventory, shop organization and cleanliness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the movement of slab material in and out of inventory
- Keeping area clean and organized
- Following direction of the department supervisor for daily tasks and functions in all department positions as required
- Accomplishes production results by working with the material handling team
- Compliance with organizational policies and procedures, including code of conduct and attendance policy
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- 1 year of experience at Lakeside Surfaces Inc.
- Ability to use measuring tools and read a tape measure
- Excellent communication skills
- Work well in a manufacturing teamwork environment
- Good math skills
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- High School diploma or higher
- 2 years of experience in production environment
- Knowledge using production tracking software
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to move and carry substantial parts on varied surfaces
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work while standing for 8 to 12 hour shifts
- Ability to safely operate forklift and overhead crane
- Ability to follow all safety requirements