Position Title: Program Assistant – Customer Support
Classifications: P.A. 01-03 ($13.48, $14.80, $15.95)
Immediate Supervisor: Manager of Self-Sufficiency Programs
Essential Function of the Job:
Assists in the provision of day-to-day support activities for Self-Sufficiency Programs within the Agency. Supports the quality of the Residential Rental Resource Directory and Community Resource Directory compiled of information/resources in the four-county service area to be used by low income households and those entities who work with households touched by poverty and its effects.
Examples of Work:
(Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all tasks which may be found in the positions of this class.)
- Responsible for hosting the Virtual Receptionist Stations within the four-county offices.
- Assists in the notification, processing & record keeping of households who are not eligible for self-sufficiency services through agency programs.
- Assists callers/households to identify potential eligibility for mainstream resource benefits by providing information/referrals as needed to meet basic needs.
- Engage in regular required communication with Supervisor to provide information to funding source.
- Maintain working knowledge of EightCAP Programs and other local resources/services that would benefit low-income households
- Ensure accurate client records for all clients. Entering of real-time data into FACSPro or required data systems.
- Maintain client confidentiality and
- Participate in trainings as deemed necessary by supervisor
- Other related program and administrative work as required.
Requirements of Work:
- Understand EightCAP’s mission and purpose. Adhere to EightCAP’s Standards of Conduct, Program Philosophy (where applicable) and maintain confidentiality of client and organizational information.
- Provide high quality customer service in a prompt, respectful, and professional manner.
- Consistently perform job duties accurately and timely; cost conscious when utilizing materials and resources; seek opportunities for improving processes; and meet commitments and deadlines.
- Demonstrate safe work habits. Report unsafe conditions and incidents. Participate in the maintenance of a clean and safe work environment.
- Effectively participate as a team member at multiple organizational levels and across departments.
- Understand and meet organizational goals/objectives related to position including agency strategic plan and ROMA plan as well as taking on duties that are not related to position as supports for management staff/support staff to reach goals/objectives.
- Effectively communicate with other staff, clients, partners, and the public in a manner that is tactful, sensitive, and respectful. Demonstrate active listening. Body language and tone are consistent with verbal message. Demonstrates friendly, positive “can do” attitude. Oral and written communication is clear, concise, and accurate.
- Continually improve skills through a variety of opportunities external and internal with attention to areas identified in the Professional Development Plan and other goals set related to improvement. Improve outcomes results of assessments related to job position, client outcomes, and organizational goals. Attend in-services and other trainings as available.
- Access to reliable transportation and must be willing to travel as needed. A valid Michigan driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record and reliable transportation
- Understand and comply with organization and regulatory policies and procedures including the reporting of child abuse/neglect as required by law.
- Successful clearance of DHS Central Registry, Criminal History Record Check and ICHAT.
Minimum Training and Experience
- Minimum of two years of experience working with low-income households including a background showing concern for problems and needs of the low-income community; volunteer time will be considered in lieu of work experience.
- High School Diploma or GED is required. Associates Degree preferred.
- Background in customer service and/or non-profit office work preferred.