The interior electrician is primarily responsible for the installation and maintenance of all of the Army National Guard’s interior electrical systems.
- Install transformers, junction boxes, circuit breakers, service panels, switches, electrical boxes and lightning rods
- Read blueprints, wire plans and repair orders to determine layouts/repair
- Test equipment for the operational conduction of circuits
- Inspect power distribution systems, shorts in wires and faulty equipment
- Repair and replace faulty wiring and lighting fixtures
Job training for an interior electrician requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and seven weeks of Advanced Individual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom, and part takes place in the field with on-the-job instruction, including instruction for installation and repair.