SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, we deliver "what our guests want, when they want it â€“ fast and friendly." We take pride in service excellence and enjoy providing a great customer experience. There are many retail employers, but not all offer a place where you can learn, grow and thrive. Thatâ€™s why SpartanNash is a cut above the rest.
This position is located in Hastings.
A day in the life of a Quick Stop Assistant Manager is never the same but, in this role, you would expect to effectively direct and supervise all activities of the stand-alone Quick Stop and it's associates in the absence of the Quick Stop Manager to achieve the sales and profit goals established for the department.
What Youâ€™ll Do:
- Assist with ordering and maintaining inventory control to ensure freshness, product quality and turnover.
- Check and verify receivables for amount, quality, count or weight, condition and store in appropriate areas.
- Understand functions of and be able to operate gas pumps. Follow through with appropriate actions in timely manner for resolution of technical failure of pumps, drive-offs, etc.
- Train others to perform all department activities and functions.
- Manage the selection, scheduling, and supervision of others to meet or exceed departmental productivity levels as delegated by department manager.
Sound Like You? Hereâ€™s what youâ€™ll need:
- 0-2 Years of Supervisory Experience
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and interpret documents
- Accounting/Bookkeeping/Budgeting/Financial skills
- Delegate/Direct and Implement
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. !
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.