What you can expect in this position:
We like to think of our lab staff as the next step after our friendliest vampires (phlebotomists) collect the blood products from our generous donors.
Under the direction of the department leadership, prepares quality biological blood components within the prescribed time following regulatory and operational standards as specified in the Standard Operating Procedures and departmental procedures.
Our team members get the chance to advance their careers in health care and customer service while working with a compassionate and mission-driven group of professionals.
What you will do:
- Manufactures Red Blood Cells (RBCs), Fresh Frozen Plasma and Recovered Plasma
- Manufactures Neonatal RBCs. Sterile docks Pedipaks to Platelet Apheresis, Neonatal RBCs
- Performs leukoreduction of Whole Bloods and RBCs
- Manufactures Cryoprecipitate, Pooled Cryoprecipitate and Cryo Reduced Plasma
- Labels products to meet regulatory and inventory requirements
- Manufactures additional specialty products as needed by customer base
- Follows procedures pertaining to the proper storage of RBCs, platelet products and frozen products
- Performs and documents equipment function checks and QC as required
- Maintains a level of productivity that allows department to achieve production goals
What you will need:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1-6 months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic computer skills required. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products, such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
When you will work:
- This position works full time, 3rd shift position with weekends, holiday rotations and on-call, as needed
What’s in it for you?
- Complete insurance coverage – medical, dental, vision, life
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Wellness program
We are Blood Health Innovators who enhance lives through discovery, diagnosis, and treatment.
We will expand the frontiers of patient health through the integration of science, medicine, and service.