Senior Embedded Software Engineer
At DornerWorks, we look for people who are innovative, passionate and forward thinking. People who want to join forces and help turn our customers’ ideas into reality through technology innovation.
Today, DornerWorks continues to grow in the embedded systems engineering world. Even through these uncertain times, DornerWorks continues to grow and be a leader in their industry. We are excited to announce a new position for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer. You will be creating the newest devices on the freshest silicon. You will keep up with industry trends, participate in software design decisions, and continue to add to your development portfolio. If you are someone who hits their stride working with other talented embedded engineers, this is the opportunity you have been seeking!
What you will do:
- Develop embedded software.
- Collaborate with your team and with customers.
- Contribute on technical project teams.
- Inspire innovation.
- Influence best practices.
- Mentor colleagues in your areas of expertise.
- Grow your expertise partnering with our outstanding team.
Working at DornerWorks is a little different than most companies. We get the opportunity to work with a variety of customers in nearly every industry to help them produce standout products. Our customers engage us to develop all or part of new product development or existing product rework. You will work with a team of embedded software and hardware engineers as well as IoT and separation technology team members to produce really cool things. Then we do it over again for a new customer or project, often with a new DornerWorks team.
Experience we’d like to see:
- Experience with safety-Critical design using DO-178C development standard.
- Experience with requirement management tools, such as DOORS.
- Multi-threaded real-time embedded application development experience
- Familiarity with many embedded communication standards (SPI, I2C, UART, RS-XXX, Ethernet, etc.).
- Experience with multiple microcontrollers, cores, and technologies (ARM, PowerPCetc.).
- Experience with Linux, preferably experience modifying at the kernel level.
- Hypervisors experience including LynxSecure, Xen, or others
- Experience with VxWorks
What we need from you:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE/BSE), Computer Engineering (BSCE), or Computer Science (BSCS).
- 8+ years of professional success in embedded software development.
- Willingness and proven experience leading and teaching others.
- Demonstrated ability to ramp-up and initiate on a variety of new technologies.
- Ability to problem solve any unexpected technical hurdles that may arise.
- Ability to develop a technical project plan and associated work breakdown.
- Unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship.
What we offer you:
- We offer comprehensive benefits to keep you healthy and happy both at work and in your personal life.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- A healthy work/life balance that is not just a catchy phrase; it is one of our core values
- Compressed work week, with the opportunity to take every other Friday off and flexible hours
- A collaborative team where you can work with other outstanding technical minds.
- Right now, during these unique times we are experiencing due to COVID-19, we are all working remote at DornerWorks. We continue to assess the situation and will consider flexibility moving forward.
DornerWorks specializes in safety critical embedded solutions, including HW, SW, IoT, and FPGA. Engineers at DornerWorks are making aircraft safer, hostile threat identification quicker, hospital patients more comfortable, coffee tastier, and grilling more fun. Join DornerWorks and be a vital part of our team that works together creating fun and exciting embedded solutions. Learn more about DornerWorks and our culture from our website at www.DornerWorks.com.
DornerWorks is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. EEO/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
This facility operates under International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and therefore, any person hired must demonstrate with verifiable documentation that they are either: (i) a U.S. Citizen; (ii) an active Green Card Holder; or (iii) a “Protected Person” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324 (b)(a)(3).