This position exists for the effective overall operation of the Facilities Department, in meeting the 24-hour demands of a successful Casino operation. Position's purpose is to respond to job assignments primarily for the commercial kitchen equipment listed but will perform all repair, installation, and preventive maintenance of all equipment and related components as directed. Perform responsibilities in accordance with all Company standards, policies, and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for practicing, supporting, and promoting Gun Lake Casino’s “Unsurpassed Service” Standards at all times.
• Understand and adhere to Casino and industry safety standards at all times. Disregard for Team Member safety either for self or others is not acceptable and is prohibited at Gun Lake Casino.
• Works under the supervision of the Facilities Supervisor and/or Facilities Manager.
• Primary function will be to operate, maintain, diagnose, and repair all HVAC equipment and kitchen equipment.
• Perform installation and relocation of HVAC and kitchen equipment.
• Perform repairs and maintenance duties on a wide variety of commercial kitchen and refrigeration equipment such as walk-in freezers, industrial-sized steam cookers, exhaust hoods, garbage disposals, refrigerators, ice machines, ovens, grills, pizza ovens, ranges, stoves, steam tables, char-broilers, mixers, microwave ovens, fryers, dryers, dishwashers, and water coolers.
• Must be responsible and accountable for new refrigerant stock, refrigerant storage and disposal of used refrigerant, refrigeration chemicals in accordance with EPA guidelines and relevant environmental regulations.
• Responds to all internal and external guest complaints promptly and efficiently to avoid guest inconvenience or discomfort.
• Becomes thoroughly familiar with all systems throughout the property.
• Responsible for training less experienced personnel.
• Maintains all tools and maintenance equipment.
• Ensures that all established rules, regulations, policies and procedures are strictly adhered to.
• Assist in planning projects and formulating the Bill of Materials to accomplish assigned task and projects.
• Must systematically prepare to assume job assignments ensuring necessary equipment, parts and materials are available and tasks can be accomplished efficiently and safely.
• Have knowledge of and maintain MSDS book location for your area.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned except where prohibited by code or law.
• Performs all other duties, which may be assigned by the Director of Facilities, or any other authorized Facilities Management.
• 1 year of experience as in commercial kitchen repairs.
• Valid EPA sanctioned Core refrigerant license.
• An associates or bachelor technical degree is preferred from an accredited college or university.
• Ability to read and interpret blue prints, schematic drawings, and technical specifications, etc.
• Must be a self-starter & punctual with limited supervision.
• The successful candidate will possess general maintenance aptitude and mechanical skills.
• Requires the ability to use and carry job related equipment.
• Be familiar with OSHA (or relevant authority) safety codes regarding refrigerants, chemicals and electrical equipment.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record for state in which the property is located.
• Must have or be able to obtain a mechanical lift and tow motor certification.
• Must be willing to accept company cell phone for on-call status on regular basis.
• Ability to communicate effectively with Guests, Team Members and Management in both written and verbal form.
• May require prolonged standing. Requires bending, stooping and reaching from floor level. Requires crawling in attic areas, climbing ladders and stairs. May require lifting, transporting pushing, pulling and maneuvering large loads weighing up to 75 lb. with or without assistance. Requires hand/eye coordination and depth perception.
• Manual dexterity to operate hand and foot controls.
• Manual dexterity to perform competent maintenance functions.
• Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
• Requires the physical ability to stand and walk for duration of shift.
Work is typically in an area, which may be unusually hot, cold, noisy, and may contain second hand smoke. Work may be performed in small areas such attics and high areas such as catwalks and roofs. Tasks may be performed from a non-sitting position. Team Members will be required to stand, walk, lift, reach, push, pull, bend kneel, crawl and grasp. These tasks include the maintenance and care of assigned area. Work may entail trained chemical usage. Constant contact with fellow Team Members and Guests.
Disclaimer and Conditions of Employment:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process. The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.
The Match-E-Be-Nash-She-Wish Band of Pottawatomi Indians abides by Native American preference in its hiring and employment policies.
Gun Lake Tribal Gaming Authority reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.
Full Time Insurance Benefits Include:
• FREE Medical
• FREE Dental and Vision
• FREE Teledoc Access
• FREE Long-Term Disability
• FREE Basic Life Insurance
Part Time Insurance Benefits Include:
• FREE Teledoc Access
All Team Member are eligible for the following:
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Break Periods
• FREE Shift Meals
• FREE Uniforms
• Company match 401K