Perform CNA retraining, counseling sessions, and implementation of disciplinary actions as necessary.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Must possess a current Michigan license as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse.
- CPR certification required.
- Two years of professional nursing experience in the long-term care setting is preferred.
Specific skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Knowledge of current federal and state laws and regulations that apply to the practice of nursing in a long-term care setting.
- Has strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Basic computer knowledge is required.
Other Special Requirements:
- Tolerate frequent exposure to blood, body tissues, and fluids with occasional exposure to hazardous materials and infectious diseases. As well as, frequent exposure to chemicals and latex, and plastic materials used for personal protective equipment.
- Manual dexterity required to operate modern office equipment.
- Ability to travel as needed or assigned.