Area Manager responsibilities include working directly with team members to meet set objectives for their assigned areas. Responsibilities also include the safety, quality, reliability, and scrap of their respective assigned areas. The Area Manager is additionally responsible for ensuring that all team members are properly motivated, effectively trained to safely and reliably operate production equipment, as well as preform any manual task in their direct areas.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Safety of your direct reports is top priority
- Building a team atmosphere within and outside your department
- Ability to train team members
- Main objectives for daily production
- Maintaining and creating quality checks in department
- Review Daily Schedule-objective is to maintain On Time Performance
- Identifying issues, problems, roadblocks
- Maintaining production control boards
- Identifying labor needs for workload
- Reviewing PM for department
- Working with Maintenance and Plant Managers for large capital changes
- Continuous improvements within your department
- Including implementing 5’s techniques
- Handle Vacation/Time Off request
- High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent and a minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience
- Functional computer knowledge required such that one can log times and make simple transactions in the ERP system.
- Ability to read, comprehend and correctly interpret manufacturing production paperwork
- Attention to details Ability to consistently perform manual labor and heavy lifting and to sustain physical work activities, such as lifting up to 50 lbs., standing, bending and walking
- Good attendance, work performance and safety records
- Ability to apply common sense to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to work extra hours as needed, sometimes on short notice
- Production Floor Management experience
- Training in Lean/TPS production process
- Trained on any or all of the following machinery Panel Saw, Edge bander, or Laminating layup process.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required demands include:
- Must be able to operate and use all necessary equipment.
- Must be able to climb ladders and move items that can weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Employee is regularly required to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- See, hear and communicate with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions
- Must be alert and aware of surroundings for safety concerns.
The Worden Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.