As a Production Associate you will be challenged to perform multiple processes using a variety of equipment in a manufacturing setting, depending upon department processes. These responsibilities also, include loading, unloading parts, inserting components/hardware and other forms of manual labor.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate, prepare and setup area for daily operation, and meet daily production goals
- Read and interpret drawings and routings related to the product being manufactured, raw materials used
- Understand quality standards and inspect furniture and fixture sub-assemblies and finished products for conformance to standards before it leaves the department
- Perform daily cleaning and maintenance of machine and or area assigned, including, but not limited to, sweeping, wiping, and discarding waste.
- Read and use production paperwork to identify, tag, and locate parts and corresponding hardware.
- Keen eye to recognize a problem or is likely to go wrong and be able to communicate effectively and help in overcoming the issue.
- Works with co-workers, line leader and area manager to improve processes and quality
- Ability to follow standard work procedures and adhere to processes
- Adhere to 6-S by maintaining a clean and orderly work area
- Support and uphold the Worden Group core values
- Develop teamwork by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent and previous manufacturing experience
- Functional computer knowledge required such that one can log times and make simple transactions in the ERP system.
- Ability to read, comprehend and correctly interpret manufacturing production paperwork
- Attention to details Ability to consistently perform manual labor and heavy lifting and to sustain physical work activities, such as lifting up to 50 lbs., standing, bending and walking
- Good attendance, work performance and safety records
- Ability to apply common sense to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to work extra hours as needed, sometimes on short notice
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required demands include:
- Must be able to operate and use all necessary equipment.
- Must be able to climb ladders and move items that can weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Employee is regularly required to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- See, hear and communicate with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions
- Must be alert and aware of surroundings for safety concerns.
The information contained in this position description is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the successful performance of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Additional duties and requirements may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The Worden Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.