Ready for a New Challenge?
Could you succeed in a fast paced, world class, food manufacturing environment focused on safety, quality and customer service? Does building a rewarding manufacturing career with a young, fast growing and innovative food company interest you?
We are one of the fastest growing food companies in the US today; part of the new wave of American manufacturers and we are looking for a few people with the right stuff.
Who We Are
We are Hearthside Food Solutions, a new kind of food company, and the industry's largest contract manufacturer. You won't find our logo on store shelves, but our passion for quality and efficiency is evident in every product we make.
Founded in 2009, today we operate 39 production facilities in 14 states and Europe, employing over 10,000 people. In an industry growing at 2%, we made the Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies list three straight years. Our customers are some of the world’s finest food companies.
Hearthside H2 facility on Oak Industrial Drive in Grand Rapids, MI is seeking a Maintenance Technician.
Responsible for repairing and maintaining mechanical equipment used in the production and packaging of products. They will need to regularly inspect equipment, structures or material; work on all requests for the various types of maintenance work assigned to them. An understanding and adherence to company health and safety procedures as they relate to essential job functions is essential.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
* Effectively and safely operates standard maintenance tools such as power tools, basic hand tools and basic electrical testing equipment.
* Perform preventative maintenance from daily up to Annual PM's.
* Read and understand mechanical and electrical schematics and design improvements to the systems with new schematics.
* Complete troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical related issues without direct supervision.
* Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
* Follow prescribed safety rules and regulation as well as other departmental policies and procedures. Help to develop proper safety techniques.
* Detect, document, report and repair improper machine operation and faulty equipment.
* Follow and perform emergency procedures regarding power failures.
* Understand and certify in our LOTO program.
* Effectively inform through written communication daily pass-downs issues and actions.
* Set up preventative maintenance paperwork for new machinery in designated areas.
* Provide leadership, training and direction when necessary to other maintenance technicians or machine operators.
* Provide some support to engineering in gathering requested information and beta testing some engineering projects.
* Comfortable with speaking to a machine service engineer to gather information, report unusual issues and problems for resolution.
* Detect, document, report and resolve complex equipment issues resulting from defective materials and unusual conditions.
* Provide expert ability in determining root cause for troubleshooting systems.
* Write up new PM procedures and administer these through our document control.
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
* Hearthside Food Solutions' products and production processes.
* Standard practices in maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical components.
* Extensive knowledge of hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical systems.
* Knowledge of programmable controllers and their software's.
* Problem solving using defined methodologies.
* Boiler repair and maintenance.
* Pipefitting and general plumbing.
* Organization and time management.
* Hydraulic and pneumatic control systems.
* HVAC and refrigerant systems.
* AC and DC control wiring, general facility electrical.
* Communicate effectively both verbally and written.
* Ensure collaborative relationships with HFS staff.
* Issue and receive instructions using known guidelines.
* Lead 'best in class' behaviors with focus on safety, quality, and policies.
Proficiency in: MS Office Suite, PM system tracking
* Work is primarily done in a manufacturing environment including working at heights and outdoor work in variable weather conditions.
* Frequent production environment exposure which includes noise, dust, moving machinery, fork lifts, and fluctuations in temperature.
* Sitting at a work station for short periods of time.
* Frequent movement throughout the building requiring immediate response.
* Stand, walk, climb stairs and ladders on a frequent basis.
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds on an infrequent basis.
Hearthside offers a highly competitive compensation package, including salary, full healthcare benefits, 401(k) and more.