DK Security is recruiting for the position of Security Specialist at a local aviation facility in Kentwood, MI. This position will provide you with an opportunity for growth, customer service skills, and exceptional job skills. You will find the job description listed below.
TITLE: Uniform Security Officer
6 AM - 9 PM Monday - Saturday
3 AM - 10:30 AM Sunday - Saturday
10:30 AM - 5:30 PM Sunday - Saturday
5:30 PM - anywhere from Midnight - 2 AM.
4 AM - 10 AM Sunday - Saturday
10 AM - 4 PM Sunday - Saturday
Other hours may be available, hours may vary.
SCOPE: Security Officers are responsible for protecting the site’s building, grounds, assets, employees, students and visitors against criminal activity, accidents, fires and natural disasters, as well as providing outstanding customer service. DK Security performs security details on the curbside as well as all access control gate points. This position does encompass indoor and outdoor positions.
- Will work in a Uniform, Billable capacity 16-30 hours per week.
- Must provide excellent customer service when dealing with Clients, Customers, Co-Workers, etc.
- Guard posts – this may include building lobbies or reception areas.
- Monitor surroundings on closed-circuit television.
- Conduct hourly foot patrol of interior and exterior to check entrances, doors, windows and vents are locked and secure against break-ins (includes climbing stairs).
- Ensure unauthorized persons do not enter restricted areas.
- Check for employee and vendor identifications.
- Look for suspicious persons, packages and activities.
- Inspect vehicles and packages as well as monitor deliveries.
- May provide first aid or other medical treatment in emergency situations.
- Must follow and enforce site specific post guidelines.
- Document daily activities and incident reports.
- NOTE: The Airport has a NO smoking policy unless you are in the designated smoking area!
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be of good moral character, with no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions.
- Must present a friendly, positive, professional image to Clients, employees, supervisors, managers, and the general public.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to solve problems and de-escalate situations in a non-confrontational manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some college is preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have the ability to stand or walk for long periods of time, and navigate stairs.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.