GENERAL FUNCTION: Critical Customer facing position performs a wide range of duties related to the processing and underwriting of residential mortgage loans. Maintains contact with external and internal customers to ensure workflow and deadlines aremet. Assumes responsibility as the point person and coordinates processing the loan file from the time that it is received in Fulfillment until final disposition. Proactively communicates status on the loan with both the borrower and the MortgageLoanOriginator, and manages process flow and deliverables in order to meet the Customers expected closing date. Responsible for updating the file and file notes as the loan progresses through Fifth Third Bank's loan origination system. Responsibleforupdating the file and file notes as the loan progresses through Fifth Third Bank's loan origination system. Takes role within the team and conducts peer training and mentoring for new hires. Handles escalated problems and issues requiring anadvancedlevel knowledge of res
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensuresthatactions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Banks risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a pipeline of conventional, government, and/or portfolio loans.
- Process all loan types which may include conventional, FHA, VA, Bond, USDA and special programs
- Evaluate loan documentation, calculate income, review assets, analyze liabilities, and clear conditions per delegated authority.
- Validate automated underwriting decision per delegated authority.
- Maintain high level of customer service by being proactive in communicating with the borrowers and loan originators.
- Ensure accurate, complete, and timely loan data on processing system.
- Actively participate in ongoing efforts to continually improve customer service for internal and external customers.
- Review pipeline reports to ensure all tasks are completed.
- Assist in training new hires.
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of Fifth Third Mortgage Company's policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two (2) or more years of residential mortgage experience in processing preferred
- In depth knowledge of conventional, government, and portfolio underwriting guidelines.
- Knowledge of processing underwriting and closing procedures preferred.
- Knowledge of federal lending regulations governing residential real estate lending.
- Demonstrated organizational skills. Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork and customer service skills with a collaborative approach to both internal and external partners. All while keeping the customer at the center of all you do and showing them that you care.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office) required, experience with Mortgage origination systems, platforms tools and technology preferred.
- This position requires SAFE Act registration at the time of employment through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS). Fifth Third Bank will assist with the registration process and completion.
The NMLS web site (mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org) provides the MU4R questions and successful registration is required for employment in this position.
- General Office Conditions
- Extended viewing of multiple computer monitors