- Assists all residents with activities of daily living (ADL’s), as needed according to their current level of care, and nursing care plan.
- Assists with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc. as needed, utilizing good body mechanics and safety precautions, including the appropriate/proper use of assistive devices and mechanical lifts.
- Assists in preparing resident for social programs and transporting as needed.
- Performs restorative, and rehabilitative procedures as instructed by supervisor
- Encourages each resident’s autonomy and dignity by communicating in a respectful and sensitive manner according to their needs.
- Participates in the care planning for residents and attends care conferences as requested.
- Assists in the planning and participates in resident’s meaningful engagement opportunities and dining experiences, and ensures they are positive, and resident directed.
- Interacts with residents in a friendly manner while monitoring their comfort level and needs.
- Maintains accurate documentation on resident charts.
Must be at least 18 years of age with a High School Diploma or GED
Must be a licensed Certified Nursing Assistant in the State of Michigan