The position of Finish Sprayer is responsible for applying a variety of stains and/or clear finishes to The Worden Group product according to specifications while maintain production and quality standards. Team members in the finish department rotate between spraying, sanding and prepping the product on the line along with loading and unloading duties as needed for workflow in the department.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prepare product for spraying by cleaning, sanding, taping, applying putty or whatever action is specified on the routing
2. Read and interpret drawings and routings related to the product being manufactured, raw materials used to construct product, and required coatings to be applied.
3. Apply stain and finish material as specified by drawings and routings by Spraying unit/part using proper finish materials
4. Adjust the application process, equipment, and materials being applied to achieve the target appearance as specified by application inspection tools, color targets, production step-offs, and verbal instructions
5. Understand quality standards and inspect furniture and fixture sub-assemblies and finished products for conformance to standards before it leaves the department
6. Perform daily cleaning and maintenance of spray booths and equipment, including, but not limited to, sweeping, wiping, and discarding waste
7. Keen eye to recognize a problem or is likely to go wrong and be able to communicate effectively and help in overcoming the issue
8. Works with co-workers, line leader and area manager to improve processes and finish quality
9. Ability to follow standard work procedures and adhere to processes
10. Adhere to 6-S by maintaining a clean and orderly work area
11. Support and uphold the Worden Group core values
12. Develop teamwork by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all employees.
13. Perform other duties as assigned
1. High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent and previous manufacturing experience
2. Previous wood finish spraying experience is preferred, but we are willing to train the right person with a can-do attitude
3. Experience using spray equipment and triggering techniques
4. General knowledge of paints and stains and in particular conversion varnish-based coatings
5. Functional computer knowledge required such that one can log times and make simple transactions in the ERP system.
6. Ability to read, comprehend and correctly interpret manufacturing production paperwork
7. Attention to details Ability to consistently perform manual labor and heavy lifting and to sustain physical work activities, such as lifting up to 50 lbs., standing, bending and walking
8. Good attendance, work performance and safety records
9. Ability to apply common sense to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
10. Ability to work extra hours as needed, sometimes on short notice
1. Teamwork Orientation
2. Detail Orientated
3. Time Management
4. Organizational Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The demands described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required demands include:
• Must be able to operate and use all necessary equipment
• Must be able to climb ladders and move items that can weigh up to 50 lbs.
• Employee is regularly required to read, count and write accurately to complete all documentation
• See, hear and communicate with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions
• Must be alert and aware of surrounding for safety concerns
The information contained in this position description is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the successful performance of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Additional duties and requirements may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.