Job Title: Manufacturing Technician 2 - 42 Pack Tables
Join the family... that's how we feel about the Trendway team. We have been creating beautiful workspaces for over 50 years. We take pride in building beautiful products that create better places for people to work and enjoy. We’re committed to delivering them in a better way – with remarkable quality, speed and ease.
Currently we are looking for individuals interested in joining our 1st shift Manufacturing Team that is now working a 4-10 schedule! Enjoy a 4 day work week and 3 day weekend!
Manufactures the best quality products and services, on time and at the lowest cost, to meet Trendway’s internal and external customer’s needs in a safe, respectful, responsive and reliable manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safely and efficiently performs basic (repetitive) manufacturing and assembly duties as required.
- Rotates to other departments as necessary.
- Completes tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules with minimum supervision.
- Follows Standard Work Instructions.
- Operates small hand and power tools, gauges, or other production equipment.
- Demonstrates quality workmanship and the commitment to consistently producing quality products.
- Positively contributes to team output and supports team in achieving or exceeding team goals.
- Positively supports and participates in Trendway’s Continuous Improvement culture.
- Performs like an owner. Daily actions ensure the overall success of the organization. Makes decisions, works and communicates as if the business were there own.
- Supports 6S.
- Supports and follows all safety rules and policies
Minimal Requirements or Military Equivalent:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and write in English language
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Ability to learn new products, processes, and equipment operation.
- Overall understanding of Trendway’s manufacturing products and process.
- Ability to maintain a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Ability to remain flexible, quickly adapting to changes in the work environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate within the work center.
- Willingness to do what it takes to meet schedule/customer needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance or stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear and frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
This job requires close vision, the ability to correctly see color, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is moderately noisy to loud, depending upon the area in which you are working. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and cold depending upon weather conditions.
Trendway Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Veteran Owned Employer