Welding Technicians will be responsible for various production-related activities. Job responsibilities include setting up and maintaining welding work cells, proving out welding processes or specifications, materials testing, programming welding automation or robots, troubleshooting welding-related processes, and the investigation of materials and specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Maintain a positive working relationship with Dennen Steel Corporation employees to ensure a cooperative and productive work environment.
- Read and interpret blue prints, route sheets and work sheets and perform welding procedures on fitted assemblies, including frames, frame components and various auto and non-auto parts.
- Inspects product at defined intervals against designated acceptance criteria as defined in work instructions.
- Understanding and working knowledge of all job-related Quality Objectives, Quality System Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions.
- Monitor welding supplies and follow production KanBan as required
- Operate MIG, TIG, resistance and stick welding machines as required
- Rig, lift, move, mount and demount frames & components into weld positioner or fixtures
- Replace consumable parts on wire feeders and welding guns, provide minor repairs to welding guns.
- Replace welding wire coils/barrels and inert gas cylinders as required
- Troubleshooting robotic welding programs, robotic cell issues. Remove & install robotic weld fixtures.
- Program and re-teach welding robots - training required
- Hand weld assemblies as required