Position Title: General Program Assistant – Energy Programs
Position Classification: P.A. 01-03 ($13.48 $14.80 $15.95)
Work Hours: 40
Immediate Supervisor Energy Programs Manager
Essential Function of the Job:
Assists in the provision of day-to-day support activities for a variety of departments and human service programs operated by the Agency with the goal of improving local communities and alleviating the local causes of poverty and its effects.
Examples of Work
(Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all tasks which may be found in the positions of this class.)
- Maintains client and other records and files.
- Collects, records, and processes statistical data.
- Assists in coordination of various program/department activities as assigned.
- Answers telephone and greets clients and visitors.
- Assists in the processing of applications for program services, mailings, and other program information.
- Types a variety of material relating to program and administrative activities.
- Performs related program and administrative work as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements of Work
- Type 40 words per minute.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment.
- Ability to interact with clients, members of the public, and other co-workers in a professional manner.
- A valid Michigan driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
Desirable Minimum Training and Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Completion of training in office skills or experience in an office setting.
- Data processing training or experience.