Cyber Network Defender (25D)
Must enlist into the military
The cyber network defender performs specialized computer network defense duties, including infrastructure support, incident response, auditing and managing. The cyber network defender also protects against and detects unauthorized activity in the cyberspace domain and uses a variety of tools to analyze and respond to attacks. You get to work and learn from the best in Information Technology.
- Tests, implements and deploys infrastructure hardware and software
- Responds to crisis or urgent situations within the network to mitigate immediate and potential cyber threats
- Uses defensive measures and information collected from a variety of sources to identify, analyze, and report events that occur or might occur within the network in order to protect information, information systems, and networks from threats
- Provides detailed analysis reports as necessary
- Uses mitigation, preparedness, and response and recovery approaches as needed.
- Conducts assessments of threats and vulnerabilities
Job training for 25D Cyber Network Defender is conducted under the auspices of the USA Signal School at Fort Gordon, GA. Contact your commanding officer for inquiries regarding waivers.
Some of the skills you'll learn are:
- Conducting defensive cyberspace operations
- Conducting offensive cyberspace operations
The Michigan Army National Guard is a Michigan based branch of military service. We have both part and full time job positions. We also have entry level to management level job openings. We can assist with paying for college. We also give you on the job training and experience. We have paid training as you will earn $1,400 - $3,000 a month in training and up to $20,000 signing bonuses. The National Guard assists in natural disaster relief along with overseas ventures. Primarily our members work one weekend a month and two weeks in the summer. Ever think to yourself that you want to make a difference? Well now you can. You yourself can make a difference. Make more money, get more affordable and better health insurance, get some respect and get your education paid for. You ask me how. Call me and make an appointment to see what kind of job fits your needs today. I am here to help you get back on track. I look forward to your call.
This does require you to enlist into the military.
A monthly paycheck
Montgomery GI Bill
Up to 100 percent Tuition Assistance for college or vocational training
Retirement benefits for part-time service
Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
401(k)-type savings plan
Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
Healthcare Benefits Available
High School Diploma or GED
Must be between the ages of 17 and 40
Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
Minimal law violations (no felonies and a max of one misdemeanor)
------- This requires you to ENLIST into the Military --------
For questions or to schedule an interview please call