Breaks (destructs) welds (produced by weld team members) using a variety of techniques; inspects and measures welds after breaks are performed to ensure produce is being produced according to specifications. Documents results in company’s MRP (plex) system to ensure traceability.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
- Breaks welds using torque wrenches, air chisels, nippers, plasma cutters, band saws, vises, grinders, acid, and a variety of other techniques in order to prepare the weld for measurement.
- Uses push out testers to break welds while measuring force.
- Measures broken welds using digital calipers.
- Uses a variety of techniques to record, analyze and interpret data to determine weld quality.
- Uses proper escalation process to notify leaders of poor weld quality.
- Performs all duties to ensure department and plant meet daily and weekly production requirements.
- Ensures and maintains safety and cleanliness of work area by performing housekeeping duties.
- Performs and cross trains on various work centers as required.
- Meets daily production requirements.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to use basic computer skills
- Ability to use a variety of tools safely
- Basic math and reading skills