Provide production support by performing setup, troubleshooting and operations of automated welding cells within a production facility, as well as implementing best practices and proactively assess welding/robotic applications
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS:
- Follow all safety procedures and protocols while servicing or maintaining equipment
- Mentor and support Weld Technician trainees
- Machine cleaning
- Use of hand measurement tools
- Use of Volt Meters
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Welding tip changes
- Change over process of stationary welders, change out cells, automated cells
- Change out fixture preventative maintenance
- Proper lubrication practices for linear bearings, ball screws, pillow block bearings
- Able to run Red Rabbit process and troubleshoot issues if a failure occurs (i.e., properly adjust sensors or switches)
- Basic understanding of weld fixture adjustment process
- Understanding of types, uses, and setup of common sensors
- Basic welding technology troubleshooting (i.e., resistance spot welding applications, weld tip inspection, tip force, shunt cable inspection/replacement, etc.), GMAW component knowledge and troubleshooting (i.e., nozzle, tip, diffuser inspection, inspection/replacement of gooseneck, welding torch, etc.)
- Plex utilization (Documentation, locate parts and components in Plex directory, work orders, find set-up documentation, down time codes)
- Basic welding (theory and experience, resistance welding, projection welding, GMAW welding, acetylene torch usage
- Basic knowledge of dispense systems (i.e., changing barrels properly, visual inspection of system)
- Basic nut feeder adjustment (i.e., inspection for proper level of nuts, spear alignment, clearing a jam condition)
- Basic cell resets (i.e., Homing cell, robot, and tooling)
- Touch up points/welds within a program
- Troubleshoot/repair proximity switch issues
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to use hand tools properly (Allen Wrench, torques, screwdrivers, pliers)
- Use of hand measuring tools (volt meters, micrometers, calipers, tape measures)
- Ability to locate and troubleshoot the root cause of issues
- Basic welding knowledge
- ABB or Fanuc robot knowledge
- Ability to lift/move material weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work as a contributing member within team environment
- Has high standards of performance for self. Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes. Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work.
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress. Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts.
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance and work relationships.
- Moves within own and/or other work areas (flexes) to support plant flow. Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of customers.
- Has necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to perform all aspects of job; rotates through all job responsibilities. Maintains knowledge and skills to perform job effectively.
- Has ability to focus on benefits of change and see it as positive; approaches change or newness in constructive/objective manner; views change as learning opportunity.
- Looks for good in others; works collaboratively with others; shares information and knowledge.
- Updates and relays pertinent information to oncoming shift
- Is at work when scheduled and ensures coverage when absent; takes timely breaks/lunches; uses time wisely.
- Must be able to understand and follow written and verbal workplace instructions
- Must be able to work up to 12 hours per day including Saturday and Sunday
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Frequent exposure to noise, fumes, dirt, heat, sparks, and smoke
- May also be exposed to water, vibration, dust, grease, and oil
- Exposure to high and low voltage components and systems
- Frequently walks, bends, twists, turns, and lifts while performing functions of position
- Moderate-sized equipment used around work area
- Possible cuts, scrapes, burns or bruises
- Eye protection required; hearing protection required; cut resistant arm guards required; cut resistant gloves required
- Frequently entering weld cells with high-speed heavy equipment
- Frequent exposure to pinch points, rotating equipment
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Industrial truck and aerial platform licenses
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft applications (i.e., word, excel, outlook, etc.)
- 2-year minimum experience with automated welding applications
- Experience with ABB and Fanuc robots
- PC and keyboard/mouse skills