Join the Challenge Team Today!
We offer an ESOP oriented culture, career growth, and excellent benefits including tuition reimbursement!
Working as a member of a team or as an individual, performs and has primary responsibility for various types of welding center operations in multiple work centers as required, including, but not limited to MIG, spot (resistance), robotic, silicon bronze (MIG), and manual welders, to produce quality parts per the Challenge Manufacturing Quality Standards, production schedule and engineering specifications at the prescribed cycle time (rate). Performs necessary quality checks, records information in PLEX (Enterprise Resource Planning system -ERP), and performs general utility work to meet work schedules.
RESPONSIBILITIES & RESULTS
- Performs all duties necessary to ensure department and plant meet daily and weekly production requirements.
- References production orders in Plex to weld product per Job Element Sheet (JES).
- Frequently loads, unloads, lifts/moves, pulls/pushes, and/or positions products and materials weighing up to 40 pounds, occasionally weighing more (assistance given with heavier objects by work partner[s]), throughout assigned work center. Weld operations involve frequent standing, walking, bending, twisting, turning, and lifting.
- May select proper rack or bin to pack parts and/or store parts for next process.
- Properly packs parts in correct bin/storage container per packaging instructions to meet customer requirements. Ensures proper labelingrequirements are followed. Uses computer, Plex system, keyboard, printer and mouse.
- Completes work center and operator inspection sheets to verify processes are stable and all product quality and inspection, including gauge checks are being met.
- Visually inspects parts from previous operation per Challenge Manufacturing quality standards to ensure proper form, fit, and function. Ensurescustomer and Challenge Manufacturing quality standards are met per gauge instructions, first piece inspection approval, problem containment processes, quality alerts and other quality standards called out in the Challenge Manufacturing Quality Policy and/or Plex System specific for each work center.
- Monitors material usage and floor stock to ensure accurate inventory. Notified material handler when floor stock or inventory is low to prevent production interruptions.
- Ensures and maintains safety and cleanliness of work area by performing housekeeping duties.
- Cross trains on various work centers as required.
- Completes appropriate paperwork and other documentation (hourly count boards).
- Follows Escalation Process for problem / abnormality notifying.
- Meets daily production requirements.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High diploma or equivalent (required).
- One year experience working in a manufacturing environment (preferred).
- Must be able to understand and follow written and verbal workplace instructions.
- Must be able to work up to 12 hours per day, including Saturday and Sunday.
KEYWORDS: machine operator, production, manufacturing, automotive, Grand Rapids, Walker, jobs, entry-level