HIGHLIGHT: Security post at a distribution center Guard House. Some of the primary duties include semi delivery check-in/out, vehicle patrol (large site with multiple warehouses and office building), foot patrols, and emergency response.
LOCATION: Byron Center, MI
TITLE: Uniform Security Officer
- Rate of Pay: $12.50/hour
- Benefits: dental, vision, life insurance, group accident, short term disability, and paid medical leave. Full-time employees are also eligible for medical benefits and paid time off.
1st Shift (8AM to 4PM, Weekends)
2nd Shift (4PM to Midnight)
3rd Shift (Midnight to 8AM)
Part-Time: 16-24+ hours per week
Full-Time: 30-39+ hours per week
(Many opportunities for additional hours)
SCOPE: Security Officers are responsible for protecting the site’s building, grounds, assets, employees, students, and visitors against criminal activity, accidents, fires, and natural disasters, as well as providing outstanding customer service.
- Will work in a Uniform, Billable capacity 16-32+ hours per week.
- Must provide excellent customer service when dealing with Clients, Customers, Co-Workers, etc.
- Guard posts – this may include building lobbies or reception areas.
- Monitor surroundings on closed-circuit television.
- Conduct hourly foot patrol of interior and exterior to check entrances, doors, windows and vents are locked and secure against break-ins (includes climbing stairs).
- Ensure unauthorized persons do not enter restricted areas.
- Check for employee and vendor identifications.
- Look for suspicious persons, packages and activities.
- Inspect vehicles and packages as well as monitor deliveries.
- May provide first aid or other medical treatment in emergency situations.
- Must follow and enforce site specific post guidelines.
- Document daily activities and incident reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must have either a high school diploma or GED equivalent (some college is preferred).
- Must be of good moral character and have the ability to pass a criminal background check, with no felony convictions, and no misdemeanor convictions for criminal sexual conduct or related offenses, theft, assault, illegal substances, multiple alcohol related offenses, or crimes of moral turpitude, is required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug test at the time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Must have impeccable grooming (i.e. ability to adhere to our Appearance and Grooming policy).
- Must present a friendly, positive, professional image to Clients, employees, supervisors, managers, and the general public.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to solve problems and de-escalate situations in a non-confrontational manner. These include the ability to read and write the English language and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, maintenance instructions and reports.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in use of computers/technology; specifically Microsoft office products, internet, and email. Ability to quickly learn and utilize security specific and company specific software programs.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel to various locations.
- Must have a clean driving record with less than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years, less than 2 at-fault accidents in the last 3 years, and no other major violations in the last 3 years.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must have flexible availability and willingness to work on short notice.
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be physically and mentally sound
- Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms, and to hold objects
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk for 8-12 hour shifts, including walking long distances, and possibly up and down stairs
- Must be readily able to respond to emergency situations
- Must be able to work in or outdoors during all seasons
- Must be able to hear conversations (in person or via 2-way radio) in noisy environments.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds