**Company will also be attending a Virtual Job Fair on 3/12 from 9am-12pm.
As a part of the Atlas Copco team, Production Operators are responsible for all aspects of safely operating Rivet Manufacturing machines. You would be responsible for following the processes as described by the team leaders, trainers and the job work instructions. Various departments include: Heat Treat, Plating, Collation and Sorting Machines.
What you can expect from us? Click Here to View the Production Floor and Departments
We offer a family friendly and collaborative work environment, competitive and comprehensive pay and benefits packages, including choices in medical/dental/vision, life insurance, wellness programs, vacation and paid holidays, and an outstanding 401k with company match.
- Climate controlled work environment
- Marketplace cafeteria
- Covid safe work plans that include socially distant machines and departments
- Web-based interviews
- Shift start times that avoid most commute traffic times
- 4-6 week training program to insure you are well prepared for the job
- Promotional opportunities
What we expect of you?
- Work in a safe manner. At no time shall safe work practices be compromised.
- Loading dies, starting machine, making tape, loading rivets into bowl feeder, load take to the system, unload, collate and package parts properly.
- Troubleshoot and adjust minor breakdowns of assigned machinery.
- Ensure lot management is in control.
- Support maximum uptime for rivet production areas.
- Ensure next tools and jobs are ready for the equipment.
- Move, lift and position 50lb spools using ergonomic device.
- Work closely with the shift team lead to ensure that all machines run to their maximum potential and all production meets agreed dispatch dates on time.
- Work closely with colleagues, with a strong emphasis on team work, minor maintenance, and support quality requirements.
- Ensure the daily history sheets, manufacturing packs and all other related paperwork are filled out correctly and accurately, making sure all data is recorded.
- Operate the forklift truck once trained.
- Transfer raw/finished materials around the production area in a safe and controlled manner.
- Manufacture cassettes as needed.
- Enter items into Syspro as necessary.
- Other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding that Safety and Quality come first.
- Ability to understand and operate controller. (Controller on the power panel)
- Ability to understand and measure parts. (Thickness gauging and coating weights)
- Computer skills to include (Microsoft office suite and local touch screen systems)
- Positive attitude
- Team player
EDUCATION OR QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- 2nd shift (2:00pm - 10:00pm) Monday - Friday
- 3rd shift (10:00pm - 6:00am) Sunday - Thursday
- Overtime as required, which can include 10-12 hour work days and weekends as needed
- Training is on 1st shift (6:00am - 2:00pm) and will last 4-6 weeks
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (AS APPLICABLE):
- Grip, push and pull carts loaded with parts
- Lift and position parts weighing up to approximately 50lbs (periodically)
- Perform repetitive motions 15-50 times per hour (depending on assigned work station)
- Standing up for duration of the shift
- Color vision necessary to ensure parts are properly coded
Accessibility Notice: If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or call 973-397-3400. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.