This position is responsible for assisting the Driver Specialist in every aspect of product delivery to customer stores in an efficient and safe manner by following all company procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
* Unload products at customer stores and place in appropriate storage facility (i.e.: freezer, cooler or dry storage area).
* Properly use double-count techniques to ensure accurate delivery of product.
* Properly use unloading techniques to ensure safety of self and others and to eliminate damage to product.
* Properly use customer service best practices to ensure consistent quality service to our customers.
* Accurately complete delivery documentation according to company procedure to ensure timely processing of credits, shorts, etc.
* Properly use accessory equipment such as ramps, load-locks, straps, and parking hand trucks to ensure safety and minimal maintenance costs.
* Ability and willingness to select/load/unload and/or deliver ALL products that may be ordered by our customers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
* Be a High School Graduate. Warehouse experience is helpful but not required.
* Have strong communication skills with ability to communicate with management team, drivers, helpers, and customers.
* Work nights, weekends, holidays, including overnight routes when necessary.
* Be able to read maps, labels, invoices, and manifests.
* Have mathematical ability, specific to adding, subtracting, and verifying quantities of product.
* Assist with dispatch preparation and route return process.
* Pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
* Lift at least 60 pounds and handle a hand truck weighing up to 400 pounds when fully loaded.
* Stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, or twist.
* Use dolly or hand truck in heavy lifting and shifting loads on wet, dry, icy, bumpy, or uneven terrain with frequent curbs and obstructions.
* Unload product routinely at multiple customer sites daily.
* The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center, Transportation Department, or Transportation Shop.
* The environment includes the tractor trailer.
* The environment includes customer facilities.
* Must be able to handle any type of product ordered by our customers.