To inspect finished automotive components, like bushings, engine mounts, etc. to ensure they meet quality standards for customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains area cleanliness.
- Must wear required personal protective equipment.
- Work in a safe manner and maintain safe work area.
- Reports all potentially unsafe conditions.
- Has knowledge of production parts and good decision making ability.
- Reads rejection tag of IPVP to verify what defects to sort for.
- Reviews boundary samples for proper sorting.
- Verified that parts are conforming to customer’s quality specifications.
- Conforming / Non-conforming Definition and process / Notifies Supervisor or leader of any questionable material
- Knowledge and practice of all applicable Hutchinson’s Health, Safety, and Environmental policies, procedures and requirements.
- Since it is impossible to foresee every situation in production needs, you may be assigned responsibilities outside the scope of the job description to meet production needs.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
High school diploma or equivalent. Manufacturing Experience 1-3 years is a plus. Quality Inpsection 1-3 years experience.
Abiltiy to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to communicate effectively with coworkes, supervisors and other plant personnel. Attention to detail and accuracy to completion of scheduled taskes. Must be able to operate equipment correctly,efficiently and safely in a manufacturing environment.
Basic math and problem solving skills required for completion of paperwork and reporting.
COMPUTER SKILLS: None
REASONING ABILITY: The employee must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written and oral instructions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; bend; climp; use hands to grasp, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; and regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Manufacturing plant
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee will work predominately in a manufacturing environment where the use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) will be required including: safety glasses, steel toed shoes, hearing protection. The employee may also be required to use sleeves or gloves, apron, and face shield upon assigned work tasks.