The MSU Bioeconomy Institute seeks a highly organized, collaborative individual for a full-time Service Manager III position in Holland, Michigan. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following activities.
- Plan and organize objectives for departmental operations.
- Performs periodic inspections of work sites in order to ensure safety procedures are followed and to check the quality of work being performed.
- Perform installation, repair, preventative maintenance, and calibration of heating, cooling, refrigeration chillers, cooling towers, steam boilers, HTM systems, telephone switch, building IT network and infrastructure, fire and safety systems, building automation, instrumentation and electrical equipment.
- Review financial projections and expenditures of funds.
- Reviews plans and specifications for new construction and alteration projects.
- Purchase required supplies to maintain the effectiveness of the unit''s operations.
- Coordinate, train, and supervise employees and contract services following the facility''s safe work practices.
- Assists in overseeing daily administrative functions throughout the department.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge normally acquired in the first two or three years in college, technical, or vocational school in a field related to the area of responsibility; five to eight years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in supervising operational activities related to the area of employment; OR knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in a field related to the area of responsibility; three to five years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in supervising operational activities related to the area of employment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Application Materials
Copies of any licenses or accreditations
This is primarily a day shift position, but will require variable hours based on the unit''s needs.
Summary of Physical Demands
This position will involve lifting and carrying loads of up to 50 lbs.
Summary of Health Risks
This position will involve wearing a respirator, and working in noisy (at or above 85 decibels) areas.