When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you'll find a culture of collaboration and innovation that provides our members meaningful work and development opportunities.
HAWORTH is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our team, you'll become an integral part of a family-owned organization, where your contributions truly matter.
This posting is to collect applications for current and future positions, on our Holland campus.
We are currently looking for Machine Operators on all shifts to join our team in Holland, MI.
As a Machine Operator, you will:
- Be expected to develop and display knowledge, skills and willingness to learn and perform a variety of manufacturing tasks
- Learn how to set-up and operate various equipment including, but not limited to CNC Mills, Routers, Edge Banders, Presses and Saws
- Perform first piece and other required inspections to meet Haworth quality standards and customers' expectations
- Perform preventative maintenance, and cleans machines as needed to product quality components
- Flex to meet production needs, produce sustained quality and timely results, maintain ongoing positive and collaborative behaviors, and reliably work all scheduled shifts
- Occasionally be exposed to solvents, glue, fumes, chemicals, dust, dirt, noise, vibration, and fiberglass
Do you have these required qualifications?
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience (equivalent work experience defined as three years manufacturing experience equals one year of formal education)
- Two years manufacturing experience or one year of Haworth experience or demonstrate skills and competencies to perform fuctions of a Machine Operator by achieving a three - square per Haworths' Member Training Matrix
- If no work history, must be Certified Machine Operator from accredited education/vocational facility
- Ability to lift/move product weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and holidays as needed
- Current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Ability to work in Holland, MI without relocation assistance
Do you have these preferred qualifications?
- Ability to read and understand job aids and other instructional material printed in English
- Previous CNC experience
- Ability to read blueprints
Ideally, you have also demonstrated the following:
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good vision and color perception essential
- Ability to work within a team environment
At Haworth, we have a strong set of values that guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. Wea rely on our Members. We honor Integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
Join the Haworth family. Apply for this job, or learn more about the many possibilities at Haworth, at www.Haworth.com/Careers.
It is the policy of Haworth to comply with all applicable state, provincial, and federal laws prohibiting discrimination in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, or any other protected classification.
This organization participates in E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nearest Major Market: Grand Rapids
Job Segment: CNC, Equipment Operator, Industrial, Machinist, Facilities, Manufacturing, Operations
As an EEO/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicantâ€™s race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, other protected group status, or any other basis protected by the laws where we employ people.