SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, relationships matter and working on the Supply Chain/Distribution team isnâ€™t just about how we serve our customers, itâ€™s about how we treat our associates. We want you to feel valued as an individual and as part of our team. Our culture is vibrant and associates want to stay here because we have good people. Itâ€™s not unusual to see longevity of 25+ years at our facilities. We share a sense of pride and are excited to contribute to the companyâ€™s prosperity.
A day in the life of a Warehouse Supervisor is never the same but, in this role, you can make a positive impact as you work with distribution associates to ensure productivity, excellent customer service and efficient operations for a leader in the food distribution industry.
What youâ€™ll Do:
- Supervise the day-to-day warehouse activities within your area such as shipping, receiving, selection, loading and/or storage
- Maintain warehouse reporting on related KPI's
- Ensure compliance with distribution procedures and governmental regulations
- Ensure proper maintenance of and report any issues related to equipment
- Work with warehouse leads to coordinate day-to-day scheduling of associates
- Responsible for department management including staffing, training, performance management and career development of associates
- May be responsible to assist with labor agreement administration, as necessary
Sound Like You? Hereâ€™s what youâ€™ll need:
- Outstanding leadership and training skills
- Ability to multi-task and have good follow through to meet deadlines
- Ability to work flexible hours based on business needs
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel and Word)
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems
- 3 years of warehouse distribution experience
- 1 year of supervisory experience
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. !
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.