Title: CNC Lathe
Delta Gear is an AS9100 and ISO9001 registered facility which manufactures Automotive & Truck Differentials, Gear Products, Prototype/Development and Production, Transmission Builds. In addition, we provide contract gear and CMM inspection services
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters, interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Programs lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers, tramming heads.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces, adhering to international standards.
- Experience with duel spindles, maltas, turn/mill, spindle transferring, and/or 3, 4 or 5 axles machining a plus
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Operation and Control
- Critical Thinking
- Operation Monitoring
- Quality Control Analysis
- Active Listening
- Must be able to inspect and be accountable for own parts
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work with close tolerances (.0002”)
- Must be able to adapt to different machines
- Potential employee is responsible for cleaning and keeping work area neat and orderly
- Must be reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Must be honest and ethical.
- Must be detail orientated.
- Ability to accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
The Delta Family of Companies are an Equal Employment Opportunity in the workplace without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or veteran status.
The Delta Family of Companies offer competitive base pay, health insurance, prescription drug coverage, Dental, 401(k), and more. We are proud of our company culture that fosters innovation and collaboration.