UFP Construction, LLC
National Design Manager
2801 East Beltline NE, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49525
Area of Interest
The National Design Manager is responsible coordinating regional design depts and managers, identifying and implementing best practices throughout the departments, working with sales and management to improve design efficiency and margins, acts as the liaison between our vendors and our design staff needs, promoting / advancing the use of technology in our business unit, creating and maintain recruiting, hiring, and training programs.
Location: Position can be located at any UFP Site Built Location
Principal Duties / Responsibilities
- Assists sales and production with design service and troubleshooting
- Works with all sales and production teams as needed
- Works with vendors and suppliers as needed
- Establishes goals and standards for design across all regions.
- Identifies and implements best practices
- Staffs, develops and coaches the design team, evaluates performance and initiates corrective action as required.
- Monitors department output to ensure efficient resource utilization and initiates corrective action as required
- Prepares various reports as required
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor degree in related discipline or equivalent experience is required
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience in related field/responsibilities
- Working knowledge and experience using all Mitek software is required
- Working knowledge of all truss, ewp, and wall products
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook
Skills and abilities
- Proficiency in the use of the English language in reading, writing and speaking
- Ability to read and understand blue prints
- Ability to use a computer, and proficiency of the use of Mitek and other business and design related software.
- Ability to successfully interact with all organizational levels and the public
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, including customers, peers, and management
- Ability to manage several activities/projects at once, to organize and prioritize work, to meet deadlines, to prepare plans, goals and budgets.
- Ability to sit at a desk for prolonged periods of time, be mobile in the work environment, and work hours mandated by management.
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Self-managing; works well under little supervision
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Good interpersonal skills and good communicator
- Be a team player and support the Company's goals
- Conducts in a professional manner
Universal Forest Products and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.