SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution and fresh food processing through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, we deliver "what our guests want, when they want it â€“ fast and friendly." We take pride in service excellence and enjoy providing a great customer experience. There are many retail employers, but not all offer a place where you can learn, grow and thrive. Thatâ€™s why SpartanNash is a cut above the rest.
This position is located in Ada.
A day in the life of a Cashier is never the same but, in this role, you would expect to be responsible for operating cash register and electronic scanner to itemize and total customersâ€™ purchases, receive payment, and assist in bagging purchases for customers while displaying courteous customer service.
What Youâ€™ll Do:
- Operate cash register and electronic scanner to itemize customer purchases; handles a variety of products which may include dry groceries, frozen foods, dairy products, produce, poultry, fish, beef and pork products.
- Process financial transactions including, but not limited to; cash, checks, credit cards, food stamps, WIC, loyalty cards, gift certificates, rain checks, voids, and coupons accurately and in accordance with company policy.
- Weigh and carefully bag customer purchases. Responsible for front-end duties such as merchandising check-stand (newspapers, periodicals, candy, etc.).
- Understand use of check-stand equipment (register, scanner, scale, belts) and its efficient operation.
Sound Like You? Hereâ€™s what youâ€™ll need:
- One (1) year of prior retail or related experience preferred
- Good verbal communication skills to effectively interact with customers
- Basic mathematical, reading, writing and arithmetic skills required
May be required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Required to stand for extended periods of time and walk, bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently. May be required to travel. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a typical retail store environment (varied temperatures) and is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee may be exposed to refrigerated/freezer coolers. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. !
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.